Monday, August 15, 2011

Calm Down, it's just a Game

A few days ago, while passing through Hrundle Fjord I noticed a wizard getting very annoyed. I paused to see what he was angry at. Apparently he wasn't pleased with the spell choices of the other wizards. So he decided to yell about it. 

I haven't had to listen to these kind of people lately, as most of the bosses I farm for gold these days are in lairs that only four people may enter. Generally the four people are friends of mine. I used to have  to deal with this problem a lot back when Celestia was the big world, and Dragonspyre before that. In Celestia I farmed the column bosses of Stormriven, and in Dragonspyre I farmed the crystal bosses of The Plaza of Conquests. Both areas include a platform that you must summon a boss from. These platforms are out in the open, so after the boss is summoned, people make a mad dash for the boss, a lot like the Kraken of Wizard City. Since these bosses are out in the open, anyone can join, including wizards who haven't reached the level generally approved by that area. Therefore, higher level wizards can become extremely annoyed when a lower level wizard doesn't do what they want (especially when fighting the cheating bosses of celestia). I won't deny that I can find it a bit annoying at times, but it's not that big of a deal. 

Remember guys, it's just a game. There's no need to go crazy and curse at everyone in sight, just because the novice used your traps. 


Remember, the main point of a game is to have fun.

-Malorn

P.S. I'd like to welcome our newest follower, Caroline Dawnrunner. Only two more followers until 50!


No comments:

Post a Comment