Saturday, June 4, 2011

Harvest Festival: Inside Creations

I just realized that it's been quite a while since I made a post on the Harvest Festival. I believe I left off at the fiery entrance to the feasting hall. Yeah, I kind of ripped down all of that. I still have the feast hall, but I've changed things around a bit.
So here is the new grand entrance. Some of those many trees are fall trees, semi-rare Mooshu housing drops. The rest are Maple Trees. You guys might not know this, but Maple Trees are one of those weird housing items that can only be put outside. This makes things difficult when you want that particular housing item inside. I first tried putting them on carpets, but that didn't work. Then I thought about putting them on larger carpets. That didn't work either. Than I found something that did work. It is the Square Metal Platform. It's considered an outside item, so other outside items can fit on it. Of course, it is a pretty high platform, so if I put the trees on it, they'd be floating! So I tried this...

I put a carpet on it, then moved the carpet on to the ground. Then I simply put the Maple Trees on the metal.

Once you cross the grand entrance and feast hall, you come upon this carpet trick.

That will take you to great heights....

And then down again.

Once on the upper level, you'll find this area, that I don't know what to do with. I would appreciate ideas greatly, so remember to post on the discussion area. 


One of my last areas is a library. As you can see, It's a little empty as of now, but I'll add more books later.

There is one cool part of this library I made though, The secret passageway. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but there are a few books camouflaged into the wall. If you climb over those, you will be in the Forbidden Section of then library.

And in the forbidden section there is another secret passageway to the bedroom.


Now I only have one more room that I haven't touched. Then I have to finish a lot more of the inside rooms, then add a ton more details. If there is enough room (I have about 160/250 housing items inside) I'd really like to use a carpet trick to line the fire flower area with Maple Trees. I can easily see this becoming my favorite house. Happy House Decorating!

-Malorn

P.S. Welcome our newest follower, The Heroic Pyromancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment