Sunday, May 1, 2011

Housing Tricks: Mixing

So today I was playing around with housing, doing touch-ups to the island, and a few dorm room creations, when I accidentally found out how to mix housing items together, without using a carpet. Now I don't want to reveal the secret to it just yet, I may do that at a later post, (UPDATE: The trick has been revealed, here) but I will show you some of my creations with it.
It's actually more effective, and faster, then the mixing you do with a carpet. You can put housing items directly on top of each other, instead of off by half an inch. Ok, here are the pics!
 Sun, Moon, and Star Icons mixed into one Astral Icon

 Four Celestian Noble Chairs


 Two Minigames, notice that the game says skull riders, while offering to let you play sorcery stones.
 The Orb in the middle is a mix of both games.
 Lynx gazer and grandpa froggy mix on the right, a failed attempt of a ruined painting and selena gomez portrait on the left.
 A gigantic elephant ear plant.
 Two of the Celestian Noble Chair creations and the Astral Icon.
 Two little chairs mixed.
 Three Celestian Sun Dials.
 Two Cranes.
 A friend of mine wanted me to mix two pets, but they just walked away.
 Two heroic runestones

 Two Moon Icons
 Two Candles
 Four Power Orbs
 Three Crab Lamps
 Three different jars.
 Two stellar protectors.

And finally we have a ton of mooshu tablets mixed together. I think at least six went into that. When it lights up it looks like a blob, but when it goes dim....
You can see a snake and the moon! This new form of mixing is pretty cool, I'll be sure to work on it a lot in the future! Happy Mixing!

-Malorn

4 comments:

  1. Elijah StormheartMay 1, 2011 at 1:36 PM

    I wonder if you could do this with plants...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think so. There used to be a trick like that, but KI fixed it. That's kind of why I don't want to tell you guys how to do this. If I tell, KI will know how to take it away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Heroic PyromancerMay 1, 2011 at 3:02 PM

    This is very impressive. I notice that most of the mixing is Celestian furniture. I really like the Mooshu tablets when they're unlit.
    See you ITS!-Thunderblade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elijah StormheartMay 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM

    Hmm, okay. I see.

    ReplyDelete